In this article, we are going to learn about three different approaches for integrating Supplier Master, Invoices and Expenses between SAP Business ByDesign and SAP Concur.
What is SAP Concur?
SAP Concur is a leading provider of cloud-based business travel, expense and invoice management software for businesses of all sizes. It enables you and your employees easily, quickly and manage business travel data and expenses through a mobile device (e.g. Laptop, smartphone or tablet). It provides full visibility into all expenditures, helping you to control costs, save time, as well as ensuring policy and regulatory compliance.
The SAP Concur integration solution facilitates data synchronization between SAP Concur platform and SAP Business ByDesign to automatically create Invoices and Expenses when an expense or payment reference workflow has completed in SAP Concur. This enables workflows to be extended from SAP Concur into an ERP system where the invoice payment process can be completed.
Today, we are going to see an overview of the integration process and three different approaches to achieve Concur Integration.
- SAP Cloud Application Studio
- SQL Server Development Tool
- Integration Platform (Dell Boomi)
1. SAP Cloud Application Studio
The Cloud Application Studio is a cloud-based Software Development Kit (SDK) that allows SAP customers to enhance the features of SAP Cloud Solutions.
SAP Cloud application studio consumes Concur API to perform Extract, Transform and Load processes for the below integration process.
- Supplier master data transferred from SAP ByDesign to Concur
- Invoice extracted from SAP Concur and transferred to SAP ByDesign
- Expense extracted from SAP Concur and transferred to SAP ByDesign
2. SQL Server Development Tool
SQL Server Development Tools (SSDT) is combination of SQL, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS . SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS) is a component of the Microsoft SQL Server Database software that can be used to execute a wide range of data migration tasks. SSIS is a fast & flexible data warehousing tool used for data extraction, loading and transformation involving cleaning, aggregating, merging data, and more.
There is a dedicated server used for this method to implement, develop and schedule a daily process.
In this method, The additional process incorporated along with Supplier Master, Invoice and Expense Integration which is payment confirmation where invoice paid status transferred from SAP ByD to concur over FTP protocol.
2.1 Adhoc Run
If Integration fails, middleware helps to re-run or trigger a new run for Invoice/Expense/Supplier integration.
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) provides a set of on-premises tools and services that create, deploy, and manage mobile and paginated reports. It is a more flexible report to verify the source and transformed data between SAP ByD and SAP Concur.
3. Integration Platform (Dell Boomi)
Dell Boomi is an on-demand multi-tenant cloud integration platform for connecting more than one application and data. The platform enables customers to design cloud-based integration processes called Atoms. Each Atom defines what is necessary for an integration. Boomi introduced Technology allows users to build and deploy integration processes using a visual interface and a drag and drop technique. It is an Integration-platform-as-a-service solution.
3.1 Supplier Integration
3.2 Dell Boomi Reporting
- Process Reporting shows information about process executions and their related documents and log
- The Process Reporting page has filters that you can use to find process executions, documents, or trading partner documents
- It can also be used to find processing results that occurred within a specific time frame
- View all, failed, pending, or successful process executions or documents
- Process reporting allows full auditing on all aspects of the processes
- This functionality allows for troubleshooting and re-run of failed processes
In this article, we have learned about three different approaches for integrating Supplier Master, Invoices, Expenses between SAP Business ByDesign and SAP Concur and it’s technical architecture.
In the future article, we will learn more details about
- Supplier, Invoice and Expense integration process
- Error handling
- Performance Issue
- How integration processes are working in the above three approaches
- Pros and cons between the above three approaches