This blog helps to mass upload depreciation postings to fixed asset accounting, which enables us to calculate depreciation amounts outside of SAP Business ByDesign. The SAP provides the pre-delivered Microsoft Excel© template to perform this operation.
Create the XML File
- Download the template to your local machine.
- In the spreadsheet, specify the mandatory data for each fixed asset.
Create a File Input Run
In the Application and User Management work centre, choose the File Input view.
Click New to open the File Input Run editor.
- Enter a run ID as ‘FIXED ASSET INBOUND’ and description of the run.
- Specify selection criteria as ‘Accounting Entry Mass Creation for Fixed Assets Inbound’ in the service interface code.
- Click Save and Close to return to the File Input view.
The new file input run has been created and saved to the system.
Prepare Your Files for a File Input Run
In the Application and User Management work center, choose the File Input view, and show Unprocessed Files.
- Click Add to open a dialog box to add files.
- Specify upload criteria by choosing the Accounting Entry Mass Creation for Fixed Assets Inbound service interface.
- Click Browse and select the file you want to upload.
- Click OK to upload this file. The file is now visible in the Unprocessed Files list.
Schedule a File Input Run
In the Show list, choose Active Runs to display all active runs and select the run ‘FIXED ASSET INBOUND’ and click Schedule to open the Schedule Job editor.
- Under Schedule, Click Start Immediately to execute the run immediately.
- Save the schedule.
Select the completed run, click View Jobs and under Execution Details, view details of the run execution, for example, the run status, application log, and so on.
- The application log provides further information on any error, warning, or information messages. Under the Application Log ID, select the relevant log ID and under the Results tab, you can view any errors arising during the verification of the input data or posting.
- An error can occur if, for example, the data in the generated file do not match with the master data in the system.
- To verify, go to the Fixed Asset work center and in the fixed asset master data, choose Values and under the Journal tab, you can view each posting, which appears as an individual journal entry.
Copyrights: © 2020 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved
If you like to add your views to this article, kindly leave them under the comments section, and please don’t forget to like and subscribe!