Create a Quick Activity Floorplan (QAF) to display an overview of a business object. You can further view all the details of the business object in the associated object instance floorplan.
Create a Quick Activity
- Login into SDK.
- In the Solution Explorer, Right-click on the business object and select Create Screens. In the Create New Screen dialog box, do the following:
- In the Screen Name field, enter a name for the Quick Activity Screen. For example, EmployeeData.
- Under Screen Type, Quick Activity floorplan (QAF).
- Click OK.
The quick activity is created and displayed in the Solution Explorer under the business object.
- Double-click the new QAF.
- The QAF opens in the user interface designer. It has the following attributes:
Edit the Quick Activity
- Enter a title for the quick activity in the Properties Explorer, under Misc – FloorplanTitle.
- Configure the View All button to navigate to the corresponding object instance floorplan to view the details of the object. Later unit, we will learn about navigation.
- If required, add additional buttons and assign an event handler to the OnClick event.
- Drag the required controls from the Toolbox to the quick activity.
- In the Data Model tab, bind each of the data model elements to a business object element.
- Create an OBN inport to receive the navigation key from the source floorplan, in order to retrieve data from the target floorplan:
- In the Controller tab, right-click on Inports and choose Add Inport.
- Check OBN Inport.
- Select an operation, PortType Package and a PortType Reference as OpenByKey.
- Add the parameter Key List and Key and bind the parameter to NoteID field that acts as a placeholder for the key.
- Create an event handler as follows:
- In the Properties Explorer for the newly created inport, under Events — OnFire, select the even handler you have created.
- Save and activate your changes.
Today, we learned how to design Quick Activity floorplan. Don’t forget to subscribe and leave your comment to improve this article.