[pullquote]Boost profitability and efficiency – with cloud-based ERP and business management software for midsize companies
1. What is SAP Business ByDesign?
2. Download and Installation of Software Development Kid?
3. User Setup and First look of SDK and ByDesign System.
4. Help Content
5. How to create Your First ERP Solution and Explaining Solution Types?
1. What is Business Object?
2. Creating Business Object.
3. Action and Events
4. Business Logic with ABSL?
5. Tracing & Debugging
1. Generating Screens and overview
2. UI Designer Overview and Design Your Screen
3. Fine-Tuning UIs
4. Extending Standard Objects
5. Enhancing Standard Screens
6. Testing with Business Users
1. Web Services
2. Embedded Components
6. Mass Data Run Objects
1. Business Configuration
2. Lifecycle Overview
3. Deploying an Original Solution
4. Patch Solutions
5. Maintenance Mode
We will discuss everything about SAP Business ByDesign in upcoming post. Keep in touch, learn more about SAP Business ByDesign and share your valuable comments to improve our points.
Today we will learn about “what is SAP Business ByDesign?”.
SAP Business ByDesign – Introduction
Before Enter into the SAP Business ByDesign, we should know the Basic Definition of ERP, SaaS and SOA.
What is ERP?
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is a category of business process management software, that an organization can use to collect, store, manage and interpret data from many business activities, including:
- Product planning, Cost
- Manufacturing or Service delivery
- Marketing and Sales
- Inventory Management
- Shipping and Payment
it’s a standard procedure or program to optimize all processes (Sales, Logistics, Production, Quality, Finance) of enterprise management.
From the above definition, SAP Business ByDesign is One of the ERP Package which is offered by SAP.
What is SaaS?
Software as a service (or SaaS) is a way of delivering applications over the Internet—as a service. Instead of installing and maintaining software, you simply access it via the Internet, freeing yourself from complex software and hardware management. Ex. Google Drive
SaaS applications are sometimes called Web-based software, on-demand software, or hosted software. Whatever the name, SaaS applications run on a SaaS provider’s servers. The provider manages access to the application, including security, availability, and performance.
Compared SaaS Definition with SAP Business ByDesign, SAP Business ByDesign is a ERP software, which was hosted in SAP Server. The SAP manages access to the application, Infrastructure, security, performance and so on. Our Work is simply access Business ByDesign via the web browser.
What is SOA?
SAP Business ByDesign inherits Service Oriented Architecture(SOA) pattern. The following figure illustrates a basic service-oriented architecture. It shows a service consumer at the right sending a service request message to a service provider at the left. The service provider returns a response message to the service consumer. The request and subsequent response connections are defined in some way that is understandable to both the service consumer and service provider. A service provider can also be a service consumer.
What is SAP Business ByDesign(ByD)?
[pullquote]Run your entire company on a single, cloud-based business management suite – SAP Business ByDesign.[/pullquote]
SAP Business ByDesign is software as a service(SaaS) sold by SAP SE, a German software company. It is an Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP) or Business Management software product designed for small and medium sized enterprises. SAP announced SAP Business ByDesign on 19 September 2007 during an event in New York. It was previously known under the code name “A1S”.
The software is designed to track end-to-end business processes across the following scenarios (referred to by SAP as “modules”):
- Customer Relationship Management(CRM),
- Financial Management,
- Project Management,
- Supply Chain Management(SCM),
- Supplier Relationship Management(SRM),
- Human Resources Management(HR),
- Executive Management Support
- Compliance management.
SAP ByDesign mainly designed for midsize companies or subsidiaries of larger enterprises, it is delivered on-demand by SAP with a monthly subscription for a minimum of 10 users.
It has built-in,
- Streamline end-to-end processes and boost efficiency across your organization
- Business Analytics,
- Gain timely business insights with integrated analytics and reporting powered by SAP HANA
- Access business functionality and analytics anytime, anywhere, on almost any mobile device
- Service & Support.
- Trust highly secure data centers that are managed, monitored, and maintained by SAP experts
- Flexibility, extensibility, and partner platform
SAP ByDesign is available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, South Africa, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States. Therefore, as of December 2015, SAP Business ByDesign has been implemented in 92 countries. Depends on the Customers and Partners, we can extend Business ByDesign to various country by using the Localization Toolkit provided by SAP.
- Basic understanding of business process
- Basic programming skills
- Basic Idea of SOAP and/or REST-based Web services
- User Credential (URL, User name, Password)
SAP Business ByDesign Architecture pattern:
Business ByDesign follows Service Oriented Architecture and model-driven Pattern.
- Create a new record in Database
- Read the Records from Database
- Update the Records in Database
- Delete the Records from Database
We are going to perform an above four core operations in Database table via business object in SAP Business ByDesign. We will see what is Business Object(BO) later.
Today we learned, about what is ERP, SaaS, SOA, Business ByDesign, and core operations of ByDesign. In my next Article we will learn about how to Download and Install Software development kit(SDK). Don’t forget to subscribe and share your feedback.
We are gathering all training material right now, subscribe us, and you will get training kit for free, tips and tricks regarding Business ByD. In my upcoming articles you will get all the training materials via email.